- 1 cup medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cauliflower, separated into small pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly chopped, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated, or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
How to cook Kimchi
- Combine cabbage, carrots, and cauliflower in strainer and sprinkle with salt.
- Toss lightly and set in sink for about one hour and allow to drain.
- Rinse with cold water, drain well and place in a medium-size bowl.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper and ginger.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 days, stirring frequently to mix flavors.
- Allow kimchi to sit for 1 or 2 days to ferment. The longer it sits, the spicier it will become. Source